Itâs the nailing line on your shingles. The difference between a good shingle and a great shingle is having SureNail® Technology. With SureNail® Technology, strength and durability are built into every Duration® Series shingle, thanks to the unique fabric strip in the nailing area. This unique shingle design provides outstanding gripping power.
- Patented SureNail® Technology - Only from Owens Corning and featured on our Duration® Series shingles.
- Breakthrough Design - The tough-engineered woven-fabric nailing strip is embedded in the shingle to create a strong, durable fastener zone.
- Triple Layer Protection®+ - A unique âtriple layerâ of reinforcement occurs when the fabric overlays the two shingle layers, called the common bond area.
- Outstanding Grip - The SureNail® strip enhances the already amazing grip of our proprietary Tru-Bond® sealant.
- Exceptional Wind Resistance - The SureNail® grip helps deliver 130-MPH wind warranty* performance with fewer nails than required by most competitors.
TruDefinition Color Platform
TruDefinition is our color design platform trademark on shingles that are specially formulated to capture the bright, vibrant hues and dramatic shades that showcase the aesthetic appeal of your home. Shingles feature multiple-granule colors and shadowing to provide an extraordinary look that will enhance your home and complement its natural surroundings.
In areas where severe weather is common, consideration should be given to shingles that offer an impact resistance feature.. The UL 2218 Test Standard is a common classification system that provides a method of rating impact resistance for asphalt shingles. Four Class designations for impact resistance are available with Class 1 the lowest (least impact resistant) and Class 4 the highest (most impact resistant). Patented WeatherGuard Technology has at its core an integrated polymeric backing material on the back of the shingles that allows the shingles to meet the industryâs highest classification for impact resistance-UL 2218, Class 4 Impact Resistance. Corresponding ProEdge STORM® or WeatherGuard Hip & Ridge Shingles are required to complete UL 2218 Class 4 Impact Resistant Roof System for warranty coverage*. Homeowners may qualify for insurance premium discounts-check with your insurance company. For more information on WeatherGuard Technology, click here.
WeatherGuard® U.S. Patent #6,228,785.
*See actual warranty for complete details, requirements & limitations. Not a guarantee of performance in all weather conditions.
Significant wind can cause shingles to blow off the roof deck. Missing shingles can lead to leaks and other interior damage. The quality and performance of the sealant on a shingle helps plays an important part in wind resistance performance. Owens Corning certifies our shingles to industry recognized wind resistance standards through independent third-party testing laboratories. To see the wind resistance warranty on this product, refer to the TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS tab.
Algae growth may cause brown to black streaks on roofs but this discoloration does not impact the service life of the shingles. Algae species are transported through the air and growth occurs to varying degrees in all regions of the country; especially those subjected to warm, humid conditions. Algae should not be mistaken for fungus growth, soot, dirt, or moss. Almost all types of roofing systems are susceptible to algae discoloration. Where noted on the individual Product Detail page Technical Specifications tab, Owens Corning provides limited warranty coverage on some of our shingles for algae resistance. For full details of coverage, refer to the actual warranty for details, limitations, and requirements.
- 3-part spec (pdf) 1
- LEED Certification - Roofing Shingles
- Data Sheet
- UL Evalutation Report
- Install Instructions
- 3-part spec (word)
- CSA A123.5 2
- ASTM D3161 (Class F Wind Resistance) 3
- UL 790 (Class A Fire Resistance) 4
- UL ER2453-01 5
- UL 2218 (Class 4 Impact Resistance)
- ASTM D228
- ASTM D3462
- ASTM D3018 (Type 1)
- ICC-ES AC438
- ASTM E108 (Class A Fire Resistance)
- ASTM D7158 (Class H Wind Resistance)
|Warranty Length||Limited Lifetime|
|Wind Resistance||130 MPH|
|Algae Resistance||10 Years|
|Nominal Size||13 1/4" x 39 3/8"|
|Shingles Per Square||64|
|Bundles Per Square||3|
|Coverage Per Square||98.4 sq. ft.|
- Brand: Owens Corning (Roofing)
- Product Code: trudefinition-duration-storm
- Ex Tax: $0.00