Itâs the nailing line on your shingles. The difference between a good shingle and a great shingle is having SureNail® Technology. With SureNail® Technology, strength and durability are built into every Duration® Series shingle, thanks to the unique fabric strip in the nailing area. This unique shingle design provides outstanding gripping power.
- Patented SureNail® Technology - Only from Owens Corning and featured on our Duration® Series shingles.
- Breakthrough Design - The tough-engineered woven-fabric nailing strip is embedded in the shingle to create a strong, durable fastener zone.
- Triple Layer Protection®+ - A unique âtriple layerâ of reinforcement occurs when the fabric overlays the two shingle layers, called the common bond area.
- Outstanding Grip - The SureNail® strip enhances the already amazing grip of our proprietary Tru-Bond® sealant.
- Exceptional Wind Resistance - The SureNail® grip helps deliver 130-MPH wind warranty* performance with fewer nails than required by most competitors.
Significant wind can cause shingles to blow off the roof deck. Missing shingles can lead to leaks and other interior damage. The quality and performance of the sealant on a shingle helps plays an important part in wind resistance performance. Owens Corning certifies our shingles to industry recognized wind resistance standards through independent third-party testing laboratories. To see the wind resistance warranty on this product, refer to the TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS tab.
Algae growth may cause brown to black streaks on roofs but this discoloration does not impact the service life of the shingles. Algae species are transported through the air and growth occurs to varying degrees in all regions of the country; especially those subjected to warm, humid conditions. Algae should not be mistaken for fungus growth, soot, dirt, or moss. Almost all types of roofing systems are susceptible to algae discoloration. Where noted on the individual Product Detail page Technical Specifications tab, Owens Corning provides limited warranty coverage on some of our shingles for algae resistance. For full details of coverage, refer to the actual warranty for details, limitations, and requirements.
- UL Evalutation Report 1
- Install Instructions
- Data Sheet
- 3-part spec (pdf)
- 3-part spec (word)
- LEED Certification - Roofing Shingles
- ASTM D3161 (Class F Wind Resistance) 2
- UL 790 (Class A Fire Resistance) 3
- UL ER2453-01
- ASTM D228
- ASTM D3462
- ASTM D3018 (Type 1)
- ICC-ES AC438
- ASTM E108 (Class A Fire Resistance)
- ASTM D7158 (Class H Wind Resistance)
|Warranty Length||Limited Lifetime|
|Wind Resistance||130 MPH|
|Algae Resistance||10 Years|
|Nominal Size||13 1/4" x 39 3/8"|
|Shingles Per Square||64|
|Bundles Per Square||4|
|Coverage Per Square||98.4 sq. ft.|
Duration Premium COOL
- Brand: Owens Corning (Roofing)
- Product Code: duration-premium-cool
- Ex Tax: $0.00